[SBE] do a remote via phone line without the need for someone to run the board at the station.

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Thu May 29 06:29:56 EDT 2008

would a Circuitwerkes DR10 solve the problem?
Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT Comm-Struction and Services LLC P.O. Box 629; Bel Air, MD 21014 USA V- 410.879.5567 F- 240.368.1265 C- 240.417.2475 ebukont at msn.com Member: IEEE, SBE, AES, PMI Digital Media and Power Systems Integrators. A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner > Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:10:11 -0500> From: chscherer at everestkc.net> To: sbe at sbe.org> Subject: Re: [SBE] do a remote via phone line without the need for someone to run the board at the station.> > Larry:> I don't see how the bluetooth device at the remote end solves the problem of controlling the studio side. The bluetooth equipment is a wireless audio interface. How does this fit Randy's situation?> > > Randy:> Your original note described dialing in to what sounds like an auto-answerer. In an emergency, I expect the only way to contact the studio will be through a regular phone. There have been some good ideas presented already on ways to control the studio in this way.> > If a POTS codec is used for this purpose, all the POTS codecs I know of provide contact closures that could be assigned for remote functions. I realize that in an emergency, the POTS codec may not be available at the remote end.> > Chriss> > > > ----- Original Message -----> From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry at Tech-Notes.TV>> > Check out the blutooth stuff from JK Audio. It's really great and > > will do a good job for you.> > > > Randy Hisle wrote:> > > Thanks everyone for the awesome advice on the phone remote. I am > > mostly a stalker of this list but being a TV post production > > engineer freelancing for a radio station, your knowledge is > > invaluable. I am still looking at all of the options but it is > > great to have options! thanks to you all.> > > > >> Does anyone know of a device that will allow a Radio > > broadcaster to> > >> do a remote via phone line without the need for someone to run the> > >> board at the station? The announcer calls the dedicated phone line> > >> and types in the security code for the device. We use BE AudioVault> > >> automation for 2 radio stations and the County we operate in has> > >> asked us if we can set this up for emergencies if we need to> > >> evacuate the station for emergency announcements. They have kindly> > >> donated a generator to the station for this purpose.> _______________________________________________> SBE mailing list> To unsubscribe, go to http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/options/sbe> _______________________________________________> SBE at sbe.org> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/sbe