[SBE] Well darn

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Mon Jun 30 09:15:27 EDT 2008

On Sunday 29 June 2008 11:58 pm, Richard Hardy wrote:

> We call them weasels for a very good reason. Not just in engineering

> either, production, programming, promotion, traffic and business all

> agree. They make more money than anyone in the station, still think they

> are not paid enough and should have all their work done for them by

> someone else. Give me a break! Richard Hardy

Let's not be too hard on sales.
None of us would get paid without them. None !
Generally, they are on commission. THEY don't get paid
at all, and in most operations I'm familiar with, they don't
get paid until *after* the spots have run, and the money has
actually been received. If either of those fail, they don't
get paid at all. They do take more risk than the rest of us
in that regard. That's worth something. *We* generally don't
have to do our jobs over again, go see the client again, etc.
because the client has decided not to pay for whatever reason.
They have no direct control over any of the departments you
mention, but are VERY dependent on all of them.
The folks in sales tend to have certain characteristics that make
them who they are. True.
Thank God *I* don't have any quirks.
*I* certainly wouldn't want their job.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

"It is the creationists who blasphemously are claiming that God is cheating
us in a stupid way."
-- J. W. Nienhuys