[SBE] Proof of concept

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri Jul 4 21:25:39 EDT 2008

NAB Engineering Handbook
Radio handbookby Bill Orr W6SAI
SMPTE standards and RP
IEEE Broadcast proceedings
AES
CTE
47CFR Particularly sections 0, 1, 27, 75, 76, 101
ARRL Handbook
The old RCA Tube reference guide

And a lot more. I can't think of much they don't mention or cover.
Manufacturers give little guides on how to strip wire and put on connectors, Belden has
a lot of stuff on wire specs, Canon has white papers on lenses and optics.
Pioneer has excellent papers on DVD recording, and there is always the Masked
Engineer pratelling on about technical stuff. EEV has nice stuff about power
tubes. Name of the week transmitter companies all have classes on analog and DTV
transmitters of various modulation modes, and even a couple of folks use my 18
yr old TV Secrets vol II to explain video and T&M, Gary Sgrignoli has his
terrific VSB Seminars, Tektronics had a nice book on T&M and another on Spectrum
Analyzers, Sony had books on video recording of all formats, There's Zetl's
book on TV Production, and likely thousands of books from SBE, TAB, NAB, etc on
any subject down to Avid Express and FCP. Telco's have long established
wiring and circuit standards. We still have RETMA color codes, Test Patterns,
signal generators, scopes, network analyzers, data analyzers, MPEG and ASI stream
analyzers and likely a million pages on MPEG/JPEG. APA has standards for
writing papers. AP Editorial guide, books on audio, microphones, recording, mixing,
studio design, archetectural standards, standard antenna patterns, OSHA
standards, EPA standards, fire codes, National Electrical Code, EAS procedures,
EEOC and labor standards, wage standards, and the list goes on. What possible
items haven't been regulated to death already?

Henry

</HTML>