[SBE] Kramer SG-6003B question

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Tue Jul 29 19:01:49 EDT 2008

http://www.bcs.tv/store/model_detail.cfm?id=655512

Its this turkey

From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of
kjpx47 at cableone.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:20 PM
To: kjpx47 at cableone.net; sbe member discussion mail list
Subject: Re: [SBE] Kramer SG-6003B question

What is a Kramer SC-6003B?

On Tue Jul 29 16:13 , 'kjpx47 at cableone.net' sent:

If you have a station sync generator, it should have a 3,58 output that you
can measure with

a frequency counter. the frequency counter must be calibrated to 10 to the
minus 10.

A local 2 way shop may have a service monitor that has been cal too WWV.

If you are using the output of a digital sat receiver, you may have to run
the video thru

a frame sync. gary kenny KCLJ 30 Joplin

On Tue Jul 29 15:25 , 'Bill Whitt' sent:

Hello all,

I had a monitoring service evaluate my transmitter sites for
frequency accuracy. They discovered that my Colorburst is -15.4Hz . (-5.4Hz)
off freq. The question is .. how do you isolate a 3,579,545.4 MHz signal
with that kind of accuracy. For the life of me I can't seem to do it. I
don't have a dual input Spectrum Analyzer . so I cant grab another signal to
compare to . heck my tracking generator isn't that specific to generate a
perfect signal anyways. The monitoring service uses specially designed TV
that isolates this signal at the receiver . apparently they can go down to
0.1 Hz accuracy --- eeekkk.

I have a Kramer SG-6003B - I don't see anywhere on here for an
adjustment.

So, basically I have a signal that I can't figure out how to measure with
this great of an accuracy, and I can't find anyway to tweak it if I could
measure it.

I'm thinking the only way out of this .. is to purchase another
generator. The geek in me can't let a signal go without being able to
measure it somehow. How do you guys measure this signal? Would you recommend
a better Black Burst/ Genlock / Color sub carrier output device - maybe one
that can give a frequency output reading?

Help .. sniff sniff

Bill Whitt

The SBE Roundtable, SBE at sbe.org