[SBE] hole in heliax

Gary Blievernicht Garyb at wkar.org
Wed Aug 6 14:56:09 EDT 2008

We have two holes in the 3" (air) heliax run to our stand-by antenna. The antenna is at the 500 foot level on our tower, the holes are about six feet apart at about the 300 foot level. Might have been lightning? Might have blow out when we applied power on Friday for the first time in months? . The line had been holding pressure until last Friday, so, I'm figuring it blew out.

Wonder if we should just splice out twenty-five feet of heliax or if we should, at considerably more expense, replace the entire run.

Or try the splice and see what happens?

I can send anyone a pair of pictures if you are interested.