[SBE] hole in heliax

Dave Dybas dd92251 at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 15:04:45 EDT 2008

Steve,

If this was foam filled Heliax then splicing would be an OK solution.

But, if this is pressurized spiral insulator type Heliax then there is a
good chance that there is contamination, ie: bits and pieces, lying around
inside the Heliax. Replacing 25 feet of the line may work, you may get all
those pieces when you remove the 25 foot section...but then again you may
not.

If your tower climbers aren't too expensive I take the risk and replace the
25 feet. And if it blows out again then you go to Plan B!

Dave Dybas