[SBE] hole in heliax

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Wed Aug 6 17:41:41 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 03:56 pm, Gary Blievernicht wrote:

> these are big holes about a dime in diameter.

Those are big. I'd like to see them before speculating
much further.
Where are you ? Driving distance from me ?

> the network analyzer measured it as an "open"

> 330 foot from the test point.

Almost sounds like bullet wounds, ( in which case a splice(s)
right at the hole(s) should be all you need ) but I'd still like to see them.

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 04:02 pm, Reynolds, Paul (CXR-San Antonio) wrote:

> Ahhhhh ! You have a bad line. Get rigger to cut out a section then.

> Cut it once above the upper hole nice and square. Examine interior.

> Then some how, some way, remove enough clamps on the lower part to where

> it will loop out and down so you can cut off about 10-20' so the 'chips

> will fall out...not down into the flex.

Personally, I like tubing cutters. ( unlike many other climbers )
NO chips at all.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Ever notice that even the busiest people are never too busy to tell you
just how busy they are?