[SBE] ideal web development/publishing environment

Jeff Carter sbe at hidden-valley.com
Thu Aug 14 15:07:23 EDT 2008

Kwrite. Provided free in most recent distributions of Linux, also free.

In a pinch, Microsoft Notepad. If a given developer doesn't know how
to code HTML, there's a lot of pretty crutches like Dreamweaver, Front
Page, and even Hot Dog Express that lets you push a few buttons and
feel like you've done something.

Of the ones I've tried, I'd have to suggest Dreamweaver. It'll do
nice things but the learning curve isn't as steep as learning to code
HTML from scratch, and it doesn't generate as much extemporaneous crap
inside pages as the Microsoft products seem to do. You sacrifice
control, but if you just want to get a page out there, Dreamweaver is
probably your closest route.

Good luck!

Jeff