[SBE] ideal web development/publishing environment

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Thu Aug 14 15:32:41 EDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 03:07 pm, Jeff Carter wrote:

> Of the ones I've tried, I'd have to suggest Dreamweaver. It'll do

> nice things but the learning curve isn't as steep as learning to code

> HTML from scratch, and it doesn't generate as much extemporaneous crap

> inside pages as the Microsoft products seem to do. You sacrifice

> control, but if you just want to get a page out there, Dreamweaver is

> probably your closest route.

One might look at whatever browser one is using.
Netscape ( earlier, and later, called Mozilla ) contained
it's own HTML authoring tools, which were quite good.
FireFox is a VERY stripped down version, and that's one
of the things that got stripped out early.

Open Office has an HTML export, as do many, many things
these days, but I would avoid anything Micro$oft, as M$
generates very non-standard and non-compatible stuff.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Mos Eisley Spaceport; you'll not find a more wretched collection of
villainy and disreputable types...
-- Obi-wan Kenobi, "Star Wars"