[SBE] Some Labor Day thoghts

Larry Bloomfield Larry at Tech-Notes.TV
Mon Sep 1 11:31:38 EDT 2008

Henry:

I was chairman of the Electronics dept. for the Government of Guam's
adult education program with several instructors working for me almost
the whole time I was stationed there in the USN. I taught an entry level
electronics course. I had some very mixed classes with both state-siders
as well as people who spoke English as a second language from all over
Asia. That kind of mix certainly can hone a person's teaching skills
quite fast. I also taught evening classes in electronics at Southwestern
College near San Diego for nearly four years after that. Back then, an
FCC license was required and during the summer time I taught an FCC
license course as well. I know the summer FCC course is long gone, but
I'm not sure if any of the other courses are still there. The only
teaching besides the Taste of NAB Road Show that I do is a once a year
Ham Radio license course in my home town. I love to teach. It is
probably the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life.

* Larry Bloomfield* - /KA6UTC/
1980 25th St. - Florence, OR 97439
(541) 902-2424 (Everything)
* WWW.Tech-Notes.TV <http://WWW.Tech-Notes.TV>*
See you on _* The Taste of NAB Road Show
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/2008/2008-Itinerary.htm>*_
& the video @ * www.Tech-Notes.TV/DVD.html
<http://www.tech-notes.tv/DVD.html>*