[SBE] Broadcast Tools WVRC-8 remote control.

Richard Hardy richardy at engineer.com
Mon Oct 6 10:08:07 EDT 2008

Bob: I have installed three in the last year. For the money you spend it
is a feature packed unit. I have also installed Sine, Burk and Gentner.
The WVRC-8 has both network and telephone access. The telephone labels
are recorded in using your own voice instead of using a fixed word list.
The Gentner VRC-1000/2000's had a decent word list but I was never
satisfied with the very limited Burk word list. The only bad item about
the WVRC-8 for me was the calibrating of the telephone analog reading
using engineering units, I could never get it right so I would get it
close and then through trial and error get the calibration on target.
That problem has been solved in the latest firmware and the calibrations
are straight forward and work great. I installed the latest unit in
September 2008 using both the network connection and the telephone
connection and they love the unit. If you need both momentary and
latching closures then you will need to create the latch externally from
the WVRC-8. The status signals can be wet or dry. If you have more
specific questions let me know. Richard Hardyrichardy at engineer.com