[SBE] Looking

Stu Casteel stu at pacific.net
Sat Oct 11 13:41:25 EDT 2008

Ah, what format is he transmitting in? if its ATSC not only will he need a
professional IRD (Integrated Receiver Decoder - Sencore, Tandberg, K-TECK,
Thomson etc.) to decode/decompress the HD from the MPEG stream to baseband
HDSDI but then will need to re-encode, using a MPEG2 HD encoder (harmonic,
Tandberg etc) probably need to remux - if only to add PSIP etc before
hitting the ASI to SMPTE310 converter on the way to a 8VSB
exciter/modulator

also, if its ATSC then the audio is Dolby AC3 (since when does a
propitiatory technology become a standard? but that's another rant) so
your IRD & encoder will also have to deal with that as well