[SBE] HD plant construction engineer needed

Jeff Carter sbe at hidden-valley.com
Thu Oct 23 16:04:25 EDT 2008

Henry,

Maybe you're right, and it is all about location, location, location.

On the other hand, most job openings in economically depressed areas
get tons of applicants. That's expected. *Qualified* applicants, now
that's another matter.

Thanks for all the replies. I wasn't trying to tell you your
business, by the way, I was just sort of amazed by what was being said
and couldn't keep quiet.

Jeff

Gee, isn't offering 70% above market/union scale in line with
upholding pay rates? It may not be your market/union rate but I bet
Montrose CO, Alpena, MI, and a lot of other markets pay less. This
industry is based on market size, station annual budget and union
contracts. Feel free to demand all the $ you want. You may or may not
get it. Wasn't it some multi-TV station group in west OK or TX that
wanted a 24/7 chief to work over a 400 mile circuit with no car no
tools, no equipment, no insurance and had to fix the casters on the
chairs for $35k a year, and filled the job? It was posted the station
had tons of applicants. $20/hr is $41,600/yr plus OT, and benies and
half your SS paid, unemployment insurance paid, worker's comp paid,
and you can collect unemployment as a wage earner since you paid into
the system. Self employed? Who you gonna claim unemployment from?

Henry