[SBE] Slingbox Update

Carl Sundberg carlesundberg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 01:03:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Just thought I would put out a warning if you use Slingboxes like we do. We use them to monitor translators and remote sites. In the latest update, the TV tuner with UHF abilities is hosed. I was told that analog is going away so it won't be needed anymore. The new update puts new firmware on the box that makes it difficult to get the UHF channels because it only expects analog to be on the cable channels after February. I had to get help from tech support to get them working again. If you use one for UHF monitor checking like us... Beware - Don't use the update or expect to be talking to tech support... Just thought I would put it out there to save some folks some time getting one working again! Because of budgets, we may have analog translators longer than we'd like to.

Carl Sundberg

Assistant Chief at KMTR TV