[SBE] PSIP Question & Virtual Channel Assignment

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Wed Nov 12 12:29:14 EST 2008

This scenario is the same with us. We entered into the digital world late as
well. I am broadcasting on UHF channel 23 with a virtual channel 30. It
would be wise to get a transport Stream ID to specify your Station. The TSID
resides in your PAT table .. It makes life good for TV receivers and the
FCC. There are a lot of guys still using the equipment defaults . when they
really should request a TSID. See if this contact still works .

If this is a low-power facility, they may need to contact the FCC to have
their TSID assigned. This has been true for many of our low-power customers.
I have included an FCC contact below that was accurate as of September 2007.

Nai Tam (with the FCC). His phone number is (202) 418-1657.
Information required:
-Station Name:
-City of License:
-FCC Facility ID:

This is a copy of an e-mail that I had.

Hope this helps . if this number is invalid - or you get a updated number I
would appreciate a e-mail for my records.

Thanks,

Bill Whitt