[SBE] Verizon says it will do away with traditional phone, lines in 7 years

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Wed Jan 14 16:34:02 EST 2009

Well all I got to say - That FIOS fiber kicks the pants off the Charter
Bundle I have at the house - for about $20.00 dollars cheaper. A 20 meg up
and down - WOW - I'll be lucky to get 5 down on a 6 meg service - during a
busy time of day,( I use the internet speed tests a lot). Because of this I
don't even bother with the HDTV . that would crowd me out completely I fear.

I have been an internet phone guy now for about 5 years. I haven't had a
landline in the house since I switched. I have family in Hawaii, Phoenix,
and Massachusetts. I love that one month flat fee, and my brother and I can
talk for 4 hours with no worries of long distance charges.

When we ran into power issues with the grid going down out here this winter.
The cell phone never had a hiccup. I may have a total of 4 outages a year
where I am living, and usually they are more than 12 hours a piece.

Overall - I think this is a pretty good idea and I wish I had the
opportunity to switch. Maybe here in the future they may come into our area.

Bill Whitt