[SBE] Looking for a new home for an FM antenna...

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD kkidd at kkbc.com
Mon Jan 19 15:36:27 EST 2009

Hi Frank,

Depending on the market and anticipated programing for the noncomm... A
local commercial broadcaster may be happy to rent space. I have several
commercial clients that rent space to noncomms that they don't feel are
competitors. Some of these rental agreements are the difference between
the commercial stations making or losing money.

Generally cell towers are not willing to accommodate full power AM and
FM broadcast due to _perceived_ and actual interference problems. On
the other hand... Some are urgently looking for tenants of any kind.

Another resource is the FCC's ASR database:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

Enter your needed lat and lon and a search radius.

Good luck,

--
Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT