[SBE] Looking for a new home for an FM antenna...

David R. Wilson david at wwns.com
Mon Jan 19 16:38:34 EST 2009

Hello Frank,

I would take a look at the ASRN database on the FCC site.
You can look for structures in the area of interest:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistrationSearch.jsp

Find coordinates for something close. Mapquest Lat/Long lookup can be
useful to take a look at the area. I don't know why they are hiding
this, but it has been helpful:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

Just remember the negative sign for longitude for the Western
Hemisphere.

I would guess Terraserver or Google earth or somewhere else you could
get elevation data.

Buildings and other structures are possible. Depending on where they
are and resources they might also want to look at doing their own site /
tower construction.

Dave

David R. Wilson
Engineer for the Cromwell Group