[SBE] 4 more monts?

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri Jan 30 15:59:29 EST 2009

I must take umbridge with your comments. Your tirade of economic woes for the
station still benefits those who are receiving the $1.2 million from teh
station to stay on analog longer, thus maintaing income to the utility, tower
owner, and we lowly engineers that keep the boxes working. If a station can't
manage to stay on for another 4 months, it is so badly managed going DTV only
early will likely not help either.

Then lets not forget that your station income is derived from the number of
eyeballs that can see it. If you lose some percent of your audience because
they do not have DTV reception, then your bottom line Nielsen numbers are also
going to drop and sales by the $/k income drops. But if you allow the NTIA
enough time to fund the boxes, and stores to sell the boxes, you lose less as time
goes by because your universe of eyeballs increases on dtv.

The Government is forcing obsolence of analog receivers purely to gain the
income from the auctioned frequency spectrum.

Besides, you can't turn off analog in February, its black history month and
Obama must speak to his audience. March is NBA finals, April is the start of
Baseball. May kids are still in school, so we have to wait for summer when lots
of people no longer watch TV, and travel, go outside, or take that tax refund
and spend it on a new big screen DTV set. Congress will not be in session, so
the hate mail will be tossed by staff and then congress comes back in
September long after any hate mail has dwindled to near nothing.

Henry