[SBE] 4 more months? Slight, hopefully positive thread drift..

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Fri Jan 30 21:38:49 EST 2009

If I may,

I would like to ask all of the TV engineers involved in the analog
shutoff to do one simple thing:

Video tape it.

I know, in many cases one could dial up the remote control and shut
down the analog.
But this is a historic moment. Use a station camera or a simple cam
corder. Then put a twenty second wrap around it, and put it up on You Tube.
Label it "Analog Shutoff WXYZ", so we can all find them.

Twenty years from now, when we are all in our rocking chairs at my new
broadcast engineering retirement home, "Sign-off Acres", we can look at
the videos, after we transfer them to 16 mm, and watch them on our Bell
and Howell movies projectors!

Most seriously, please pass the word and ask all TV engineers to
video tape the moment.

Tom Bosscher, a radio engineering type guy...