[SBE] TV Station Purchase Checklist

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Feb 23 23:58:19 EST 2009

In addition to all the great suggestions given so far, here are two more I can think of:

Software licenses: Although software piracy isn't as common as it used to be due to all of the anti-piracy protections that have been imbedded into software, you still see a lot of it around, and sometimes on some very expensive and important programs. I have heard of some big-name broadcasters who expected their IT guys to violate licenses to shave a few bucks off the cap-ex budgets.

The second one is more for the 'green eyeshade' folks: make sure that all trade accounts are balanced and that each client agrees in writing that the balance you show is correct. It's amazing how far out of balance those accounts get when cash isn't involved and folks forget how much trade has been used. Sales people forget to turn in restaurant receipts, things don't get written down, etc.

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer
Results Radio, LLC
N6IE