[SBE] FCC Authorization

Chuck Leavens chuck at wduq.org
Tue Feb 24 13:23:30 EST 2009

While it is not a requirement registering (as opposed to licence)
protects the receive site from interfering transmitters that my come
on line. The registration database becomes a part of the freq search
database.

This is commonly used for satellite receive only dishes. Ours is
registered to protect from interference.

As to wether this can be done for other bands I don't know.

--
Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Leavens
Director of Engineering and IT Management
WDUQ-FM Duquesne University Pittsburgh PA 15282
412-396-5508 Direct
chuck at wduq.org