[SBE] FM Translator For Sale Emporia, KS

Glenn Williams engineer at kljc.org
Wed Feb 25 13:43:47 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

My understanding is that the FCC is considering regulation to allow AM
stations to use FM Translators.

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/archives/fm-translators-and-lpfm-fm-translat
ors-for-am-stations-start-your-engines.html#discussion

STAs are apparently being granted now before the official rulemaking.
However, my understanding is that, for the moment, the FCC will not be
issuing any new construction permits since there is no filing window open.

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/archives/fm-translators-and-lpfm-fcc-denies-
temporary-authority-for-am-station-to-use-fm-translator-frequency-for-which-
no-authority-had-been-granted.html

For various reasons Calvary Bible College has decided to sell its FM
Translator in Emporia, KS. It operates on COMMERCIAL channel 280 (103.9).
This is a robust 250 watt TPO translator which has excellent coverage of
Emporia. It is immediately available. Please contact me off list if you
are interested.

Call: K280EK

Facility ID: 81229

Antenna: Scala CA-2CP (Two Bay, Circularly Polarized, Directional Antenna)

ERP: 0.244 kW

Antenna Location: NL 38 25 10, WL 96 5 24

Antenna Height: 85 m AG, 439 m AMSL

The station is currently on the air.

Glenn Williams

Chief Engineer