[SBE] Question for the IT folks about IE add-ons - how many of the Java Plug-In updates does a computer need?

Matt Antalek matt.antalek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 10:37:38 EDT 2009

I agree with Stephen about running Firefox. MS has actually
recognized the popularity of FF by adding many of the features (like
tabbed browsing).

If you're worried that some sites won't work in FF...well, there's an
IE add-on that works beautifully. It allows you to open a new tab
that runs like IE. Very useful.

Matt Antalek
Bureau Engineer
VideoLink, Inc.

On 3/15/09, Stephen Poole <spoole at crawfordbroadcasting.com> wrote:

> That depends on the plug-in. You could have a very old one that's

> necessary. The age of the plug-in doesn't indicate whether it should be

> removed or not.

> You'll probably find that you get a bigger improvement by installing

> Mozilla Firefox. Use that instead of Internet Exploder. Firefox gives

> you much better control over the plug-ins and is far more secure to boot.

> A few years ago, it was common to run across Web sites that didn't play

> well with Firefox, but that has become the exception nowadays, rather

> than the rule.

> As of this writing, the latest version of Firefox is 3.0.7.

> -- Stephen

> Crawford Broadcasting, Birmingham

> Scanned by Barracuda

Sent from my mobile device