[SBE] EAS issue

Jeremy Morris jdmickies at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:30:43 EDT 2009

Do local gov't cable-only channels need to do their own EAS
monitoring/annoucement? A local that we're working with can't find any info
in their franchise agreements that say anything about it, but they are about
to go fully SD-SDI (yes I know) and bring on 2 more cable companies.
Neither of the 2 new players have said anything about EAS. I'm just trying
to figure out what to tell them/recommend regarding this issue. They want
to be able to broadcast RSS feeds from local police/fire and I didn't know
where that fell regarding EAS.

Thanks.
Jeremy