[SBE] Fwd: NAB FM chip proposal

Dennis C. Brown d.c.brown at att.net
Tue Mar 31 19:13:25 EDT 2009

Every minute that a cell phone user is listening to free radio, he's
not paying the cellular carrier for entertainment content offered by the
carrier. Every minute that a cell phone user is listening to free
radio, she's draining the battery, increasing the risk that she'll look
at the battery meter and decide against making a long, billable, phone
call. Every minute that the user is listening to radio, he's not
thinking about making a billable phone call. Now, if a deal could be
worked so that the cellular carriers would get paid for collecting radio
listening information which would be integrated into ratings, maybe CTIA
would have a different attitude.