[SBE] Fwd: NAB FM chip proposal

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Wed Apr 1 11:20:14 EDT 2009

Edwin -

I had to comment on something you posted -

The FCC has already stated their intent to bypass broadcast in emergencies. The CMAS (eta 2010) requirements already will do for cellular what this proposes.

I don't agree with this one.

The goal for the distribution of public warning messages is to - not - bypass anyone! The goal is to get that message into and on to every form of electronic communications possible.NOAA Weather Radio, AM Radio, FM Radio, HD-Radio, Sat-Radio Cable TV, Satellite TV, Broadcast TV, Cellular, PDA, Highway sign, Lotto Machine etc etc.

The point is that no one system can reach everyone and the more communications vehicles you can use, the higher the number of recipients.

The goal is to get a life-saving message to - everyone. This - does not - rule out Broadcasting - It augments it!

Clay Freinwald