[SBE] Unattended TV station

Michael DePhillips bigdsbe26 at dephillips.com
Wed Apr 8 22:56:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

I worked for a municipality and we had a government access cable television
channel that was completely automated. I used the Nexus video server by
Leightronix that had an external 250 GB hard drive, and it controlled two
DVD players and two S-VHS decks. I could access the menu via VPN from home
if needed. The only problem I had was a failed power supply on the Nexus
that Leightronix replaced under warranty. I had an older Leightronix Mini-T
Pro I used in the meantime that controlled one of the DVD players and the
two S-VHS decks. We only lost MPEG2 playback for a few days.

Michael DePhillips

Michael at dephillips.com

www.dephillipsmedia.com <http://www.dephillipsmedia.com/>

SBE Chapter 26 - Chicago