[SBE] Best map program?

Dan Rapak DanRapak at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 15:58:43 EDT 2009

Also look at Terrain Navigator at www.maptech.com.

Actual USGS topographic maps on disk with elevation data. For your purpose,
add the higher resolution elevation data. Seamless movement between topo
maps; a path that would cross 3 or 4 topo maps can be plotted in one shot.
Ability to get a graphical plot of terrain profile and line-of-site path.
Can export to TIFF file. Store markers (waypoints,) routes (the zig-zagging
dirt road to your antenna site that's not on the map), paths, etc. Interface
with GPS for import/export or live location.

Dan Rapak