[SBE] Liquid Nitrogen...

Alan Alsobrook radiotech at bellsouth.net
Thu May 7 02:48:12 EDT 2009

I think you both just said the same thing.

As the line gets to absolute zero, the losses will approach zero in both
directions. Therefore their would be more power getting to the load. if
more power gets to the load more power will be rejected by the load.
since the losses would be near zero most of the power rejected from the
load would show back up at the source as a reflection.

So I agree with both of you and say that, unless the load is absolutely
perfect, super cooling the transmission line will cause the measured
VSWR at the source to increase.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE AMD CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885