[SBE] SBE Certification Exam Prep Reading Material

Kim Sacks radioctrldwife at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:32:55 EDT 2009

It does really depend on you level of experience. If you have no
experience or knowledge you may want to consider enrolling in the CIE
Broadcast Engineering course, which is very affordable and
informative. You can find more info at http://www.cie-wc.edu/

I would first suggest getting the CERT preview cd as others have
mentioned. I would recommend the following books for reference and
study material.

Audio Engineer's Reference Book ISBN 0 240 51528 5
Standard Handbook of Broadcast Engineering ISBN 0 07 145100 5
Antenna Engineering Handbook ISBN 0 07 032381 X
Sourcebook for Electronics Calculations, Formulas, and Tables ISBN 0 7906 1193 7
All In One A+ Certification ISBN 0 07 212679 5 (I'm sure there is a
more modern reference book available for this info)
Reference Data For Engineers radio, electronics, computer, and
communications ISBN 0 7506 7291 9
NAB Handbook ISBN 0 240 80751 0

Most of these books have much more information that you'll ever need
for the two specific certs you've mentioned, but they will be very
helpful when you decide to study for the next level cert.

Now if I would only go sit for my own exams....

Kim Sacks, KB3MZX
http://youtube.com/user/RadioCtrlDWife
www.optimod.fm
www.optimod.am