[SBE] digital signal anayisis

Gary Stewart gstewart at ctvn.org
Thu May 14 11:59:39 EDT 2009

What kind of affordable solutions for analyzing a digital TV signal
(including transport streams). I just priced the Sencore DTU-236 and
while it seems to be everything you could ever want, it is not cheap at
$3800. The little consumer USB tuners used with TS Reader would tell me
a lot but I don't trust those little tuners to last or to work remotely
unattended for long periods of time. When I tried one on my laptop it
got very hot and would occasionally freeze up. Some consumers say they
have short lives too.

Anybody found some affordable solutions?

Gary Stewart

Cornerstone TV