[SBE] digital signal anayisis

Lance Hankins lhankins at ktuu.com
Thu May 14 13:00:36 EDT 2009

I used the Autumnwave tuner and TS Reader for about a year and a half before
the tuner quit. It actually worked quite well although I didn¹t use it all
the time. It was what I kept in the office to check the signal when we had
issues. (We have a Sencore at the Xmttr site.) The tuner is very good (5th
Gen chipset) but does run pretty hot and does lock up on occasion. When that
happens it typically took a computer reboot to get it back. The price ­
however ­ is great. I¹m planning to get another one.

Lance Hankins
KTUU-DT
Anchorage, AK

On 5/14/09 7:59 AM, "Gary Stewart" <gstewart at ctvn.org> wrote:

> What kind of affordable solutions for analyzing a digital TV signal (including

> transport streams). I just priced the Sencore DTU-236 and while it seems to

> be everything you could ever want, it is not cheap at $3800. The little

> consumer USB tuners used with TS Reader would tell me a lot but I don¹t trust

> those little tuners to last or to work remotely unattended for long periods of

> time. When I tried one on my laptop it got very hot and would occasionally

> freeze up. Some consumers say they have short lives too.

> Anybody found some affordable solutions?

> Gary Stewart

> Cornerstone TV

Lance Hankins
Director of Engineering & IT