[SBE] Gates FM Solidstatesman TE-3 Exciter

Curt Yengst cyengst at star991fm.com
Tue Jun 9 11:48:11 EDT 2009

Thanks.

I've got the manual, and am in the process of poring over it to see if I've missed anything. You are right, the final stage of the amplifier is built around a matched pair of transistors. I'm starting to suspect the problem is still within the Modulated Oscillator, because the "MOD OUT" reading on the AFC module (which I assume is the RF output of the MO) is way too low. It should come as no surprise then that the "PA OUT" reading is also in the cellar.