[SBE] WAGA Analog Sign Off w/ First CE

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Sat Jun 13 08:39:41 EDT 2009

On Friday 12 June 2009 05:03 pm, Dennis Krumblis wrote:

> [...]

Akron, Ohio.....

Had a small gig in the morning, so I didn't get to see it, but it appears the
shutdowns happened randomly through the day. Some were on analog
all day, most terminated sometime in the morning.

WKYC however, is still running analog, a loop about how to hook up various
converter boxes. I'm a tad disappointed in this, in that I want to use Ch 3
for some internal distribution within my home, and the analog 3 is still
interfering with that project. It's the ONLY analog in the market now.

I note that the WKYC "main" channel was absent all of last evening, only
the secondary could be found.
Some stations are now identifying as channel 74 or channel 72, when they
were 8 or something else familiar, and there is no 74 or 72, so this is
a tad confusing to me. How will the non-tech viewer react to this ?

Apparently, today ( probably part of yesterday ) is the very first appearance
of Ch's 23 and 25 in digital at all. Both are running 3 or 4 secondaries as well.

From what I can see, this could have been handled better in this market.
As it is, I'll wait 'till Ch3 analog finally goes off before believing the
"transition" is actually done.

Fortunately, I'm a project engineer ( and currently available )
and not in programming.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

GOOD-NIGHT, everybody ... Now I have to go administer FIRST-AID to my
pet LEISURE SUIT!!