[SBE] WAGA Analog Sign Off w/ First CE

Henry M. Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Sat Jun 13 11:20:08 EDT 2009

There is a 'Night Light List' of stations providing analog service for
a longer period after the shutdown- in the case of WKYC it says that's
through 6/26/09. Sorry, I don't have the link any longer, but did grab
the data. The link to the FCC list was previously posted on this list.

As you noted they were on analog TV-3, went to TV-2 pre-transition,
and then to TV-17 post transition. So that's a lot of re-scanning to
do in the market. No wonder there is some confusion.

Here in Miami, though, there was less of that. Most stations remained
on their pre-transition channels. There are two nightlite stations on
their original, pre-transition assignments. One station (WPLG) had the
distinction of doing it all at once, analog shutoff, new tower, new
antenna, and a few months before, inaugurating a new studio too. Quite
the transition! Oh, and they almost became a duopoly, too.

A buddy at one TV station here said that they fielded a lot of calls
from viewers about setting up boxes and rescanning post transition.

Don't get too used to having TV-3 open there, Cowboy. Aren't lowband
V's going to be the first gobbled up in the new assignments/lottery?

Henry

--
Henry M. Seiden
henry<at>techworkspro<dot>com