[SBE] Congratulations DTV

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Sat Jun 13 09:23:47 EDT 2009

Clay,

you left off getting pneumonia from the breeze of an empty 2" reel at full fast wind speed, or possibly loosing fingers in the reel,

or learning the difference between in stopping a fast winding VTR: 2"..let the tape end go through the head stack, and 1", slow it down and hand thread it out of the head stack. Doing otherwise could cost the station $1,000s and cost you a job.

And the can of compressed air for keeping an old RCA 2" running. Or running nearly 5 mins of bars and tones to get the thing stable before air.

The sprint across a tape room when trying to align gun shot sounds to change reels.

The whine of some of those machines coming up to speed sounded a whole lot like the big fans in a parking garage.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265