[SBE] TV Audio on HD-3

k7cr k7cr at blarg.net
Tue Jun 16 19:50:35 EDT 2009

Hi Kent -

Tying this into EAS would be a good move in some locations that have
progressive EAS system.

Perhaps a station would be willing to 'donate' their HD3 until such time
as someone comes along with money, or programming has a better idea.
That station would have to have an Importer ready to accept the
'program' Perhaps an off-air/NWR receiver would be adequate. Would
have better coverage than the present FM Subcarriers and TIS facilities
that presently carry it.

Clay

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:06pm Kent Kramer wrote:

> Thanks.sounds like it's not an original idea but a good one

nonetheless.

> For further argument and discussion.what if a requirement for

carrying

> NWR on one of your HD channels was tied to being the LP-1 or 2 for

the

> EAS plan area. That may be a fight I realize since in theory we're

going

> to be able to make lots of money with our HD channels. But as was

stated

> later.we don't want everyone retransmitting I don't think and we

don't

> want to pressure NWR people. I would think a straight retransmit would

be

> the best way to handle it. The marketing people should be able to put

> positive spin on it enough to make it worthwhile.

> From: sbe-bounces at sbe.org [mailto:sbe-bounces at sbe.org] On Behalf Of

> Richard Rudman Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 8:11 PM To: Barry Thomas;

sbe

> member discussion mail list Cc: Freinwald Clay Subject: Re: [SBE] TV

> Audio on HD-3

> Kent/Everyone:

> Great idea!

> Clay may want to contact Herb White at NOAA to get his reaction to

Kent's

> suggestion.

> Richard

> On Jun 15, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Barry Thomas wrote:

> The idea of retransmitting for emergency information. Might be a

> co-branding or even sales opportunity: The local TV that wants the

> "source of emergency information" image could either trade or buy an

HD

> channel. This could, be even more important with the introduction of

the

> portable HDRadio receivers.

> It is also be interesting to consider NOAA Weather Radio on HD-3.

> *********************************

> Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT

> Message: 2 Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:29:00 -0500 From: "Kent Kramer" <

> kentkramer at att.net> Subject: Re: [SBE] Congratulations DTV and a

request

> To: "'sbe member discussion mail list'" Message-ID: Content-Type:

> text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

> I like that idea Steve, could be great cross promotion between TV and

> Radio. Put a camera on your morning show on a DTV channel and the TV

> audio on the HD channel. I've always wondered also if it would be

> possible to get at least one radio station in a market to retransmit

the