[SBE] Question about NTP Servers?

Alan Vernick alan at vti.com
Sat Jun 27 08:40:11 EDT 2009

Joshua,

Here is a freeware program that works as both (either) a time server or time
client. AboutTime v4.8 http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/index.html

Load it on both the ESE and Axia computers. On the ESE computer use the
server side by going to the Options tab and deselecting the top three items.
Depending on the version of Windows, if the SNTP server is not working in
AboutTime, you will have to go into the Window Services and stop the Windows
time service.

On the Axia computer use the client side of AboutTime. Turn on the three
top items in the Option tab and also go into the Time Host tab and add the
ESE computer's IP address.

The biggest thing to remember is to "hide" the program in the Control/Time
Client tab and not exit out of it or it will stop working.

I hope this helps.

Alan Vernick
Vernick Technology, Inc.
Toll Free: (866) 228-1570