[SBE] Ways to Pay

Richard Hardy richardy at engineer.com
Wed Jul 1 16:30:02 EDT 2009

Barry: I would use Paypal for my membership.  My company card is Discover
and SBE does not currently take Discover.  Through my Paypal account I
could pay my dues with Discover. I would like to add that I have read the
many reply's with some from members that have heard negatives about
Paypal.  I am an ebay merchant and buyer with over 700 Paypal
transactions through my account and I have never had a problem.  Most
problems happen when users do not know the rules and policies and/or
follow them.  For example the statement about e-mails concerning problems
with your account.  If there is a problem with your account, Paypal will
never start a contact with you by e-mail, they will call you first at the
phone number of record on your account and failing that will send a
letter to the address of record requesting you contact them.  I have had
some conversations with the security people at Paypal and they take the
security of the whole Paypal system very seriously. Richard Hardy