[SBE] How am I doin'?

Barry Thomas barryt at barryt.org
Tue Jul 7 10:16:15 EDT 2009

Dennis Sloatman posted a question that I was remiss and didn't answer quickly. I apologize, my friend. Since it was on this list I'll reply here as well.

Thank you so much for your question. I'm doing OK. As of the beginning of the year the Myeloma is in remission. I went through another 4 courses of treatments to "hammer the nail deeper". A couple of months ago we switched to "maintenance" mode. This means a slightly different mix of the same meds and fewer infusions. This has been an adjustment. I had been on a lot of medicines to mitigate side effects. I'm not taking any of those extra meds anymore so I'm having to adjust to some side-effects that had previously been masked. We've also changed one of the infusion meds.That hasn't been easy but we're coping. Beats the alternative.

At the risk of seeming facile, my physical and health challenges, however pale in comparison to the great work we've been able to do this past year with the Society and to the birth of my 2nd set of twins; (2 boys) in January.... who needs sleep?

Thanks for asking.

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT