[SBE] sat truck op training

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Thu Jul 9 10:13:07 EDT 2009

We're a news/sports station. Nearly all of our sat remotes are within 90
minutes of the studio, last 2.5 hours including 1/2 hr pre program test, and
production takes care of all the heavy lifting. A few are double headers, 4
PM and 6 or 7 PM start. Most out of market remotes are drive down day of, 3
hr set up, 2 hr game, and drive back, typically 8-10 hrs total. Anything
farther would be overnite before or after.
We might be on site 3 hrs for the jacko Gary toss up.
sports are mostly Saturday, some thursdays and a few odd days. Some we
leave the truck on site between games and the crew shows up for set up and
leaves after teardown. Most of the production time is in house pre-prep then
transfer to truck chyron, score box, etc.

Henry