[SBE] sat truck op training

Matt Antalek matt.antalek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:27:51 EDT 2009

Jeff/KD4RBG wrote...
"IQ wise, if you can fog a mirror, you're good to go. Lots of people

> have done this sort of thing, very few of them with any sort of a

> choice do it for very long."

Sure, there's a lot of people out there who only to know "I push this
button now because that's what they told me to do." There's still
plenty of engineers out there who understand why they are pushing
the button... how to handle frustrating/incompetent producers...
how to do field maintenance... when to drop the dish on the client
due to extreme weather... etc.

The scary part is when a local affiliate truck op comes over to you
in the field and asks for your help. And when you go to help the affiliate
you notice they have their dish aimed directly into a stand of trees and
couldn't seem to figure out why it didn't work.

Guess the auto-find button wasn't calibrated properly.

-Matt