[SBE] Symetrix 528E switch help

Henry M. Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Thu Jul 9 17:17:55 EDT 2009

Bob,

What brands and specs of Caps are you using? Try long life caps from
Nichicon (preferred pricing at Digikey, www.digikey.com). And get a
proper meter to check ESR with. You may have a situation where a long
life or high heat spec on the part may improve the results of your
capendectomies.

House/generic brands don't last, even some brands used by OEM's. Or
you can get a bigger fan...
;-)

Henry
On Jul 9, 2009, at 15:35 , Bob Stroupe wrote:

> Ed:

> I have about 40 528E's in my studio complex and some have been

> mounted so that they got pretty warm. We have successfully cleaned

> any switches but have had major problems with the electrolytic

> capacitors after a number of years. Heat doesn't help those and

> have done and continue to do "capectomies" as needed by replacing

> all the caps in the unit (including the surface mount coupling caps).

> Good luck,

> Bob Stroupe

Henry M. Seiden
henry<at>techworkspro<dot>com
Drag'n'Drop VCF card... Just drag and drop the attached .vcf card into
your fave Addressbook application for instant addition of our address!