[SBE] Burk ARC-16 Question

Dennis Sloatman dsloatman at sloatmanassociates.com
Mon Jul 13 19:00:15 EDT 2009

Here's one possible solution I have used which provides "granular control"
of alarm reporting:

Connect one raise or lower channel to an unused status input. Set this
status to alarm without delay. Turn off the alarm on the generator status
input. Write a simple autopilot (I can help with this if you desire) that
constantly monitors the generator status.

The Auto pilot can gave a built-in "Glitch delay" to prevent random and
unnecessary callouts. The autopilot will then continue to call by triggering
the alarm until the generator is off-line. It would be possible to use
another raise or lower channel to stop the autopilot (as an
"acknowledgement") as well.

I've used this method in the past for a variety of similar alarms, such as
tower light outages, etc.

Best Regards,

Dennis L Sloatman
Sloatman Associates