[SBE] STL

Henry M. Seiden info at techworkspro.com
Mon Jul 20 12:53:08 EDT 2009

Dear Henry R.,

If it isn't the path (although it was at one time, it seems), and it
isn't the RX (stable with dipole nearby the TX), and it isn't the TX,
what else haven't you substituted or virtually swapped/moved? For my
money, substitution is THE BEST method for getting close to or pinning
down what it is... At least that's what I'm used to in the real world.

There are prizes and surprises all the time, though.

Do you have a way to measure return loss at the main receive antenna?
Can you sweep it in place? Either might give a clue.

Regards,

Henry
On Jul 20, 2009, at 12:25 , Ron Castro wrote:

> I would suspect the RX antenna, even you said it checked OK. If you

> hook a spectrum analyzer to it, does the RX signal and other nearby

> signals vary? How about any other new obstructions in the path? A

> bad jumper would also cause an intermittent problem like that.

> Ron Castro

> Chief Technical Officer

> Results Radio, LLC

> N6IE

> www.N6IE.com

Henry M. Seiden
henry<at>techworkspro<dot>com
Drag'n'Drop VCF card... Just drag and drop the attached .vcf card into
your fave Addressbook application for instant addition of our address!