[SBE] 950 STL curious problem

Gary O'Guinn garyo at ktuu.com
Mon Jul 20 13:33:36 EDT 2009

Hi Henry:

Have you though about interference in the IF stage of the receiver?
According to the manual from the Moseley website the IF is:
Dual conversion superheterodyne
1st IF = 70 MHz, 2nd IF = 6.4 MHz
Are there any DTV / LP Analog stations broadcasting on Channels 4 or 5?
I'm not sure what might be on 6.4 MHz, but if you could look at a
spectrum analyzer at the IF frequencies, you might find something.
Another possibility may be a 2nd or 3rd harmonic intermod coming from
somewhere.

Also on the Moseley site there is a Tech bulletin on the OCXO. Here is
the link to the PDF:
http://www.moseleysb.com/mb/service_bulletin/starlink_9003q_service_bulletin_061107.pdf
Probably not the same symptoms but it's worth a look (if you haven't
already).

Gary O'Guinn
KTUU-TV