[SBE] Paypal, ebay, spam et al

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Fri Jul 24 06:02:56 EDT 2009

Since this isnt really a tech board, it is more of an open forum for members, and because we do need to be educated on these subjects if our value is to grow,,,please, continue to educate us. I would rather be thought ignorant and prove others wrong, than ignore information and prove others correct. There is sooooooooo much misinformation being spwed out there by 'consumer interest' groups that it helps to have other informed opinions. Many of those interest groups have a product to sell and engage in fear-mongering to make you buy, subscribe, whatever. Among the worst abusers of spam are the very companies who claim to be helping you to avoid spam, and will send you free information 'when you just give us some information". Way too many of those 'free' informative services on the web are actually carefully concealed ads for products that may, or may not, solve an issue that you may, or may not, have. They dont always even need you to enter your email address to get it. If you pay bills on line or sign up for email alerts from companies that you pay, I can promise you that your address was sold, no matter what they claim otherwise.

Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT
V- 240.417.2475; F- 240.368.1265