[SBE] Sound card issue -- Tell me I'm not crazy!

Curt Yengst cyengst at star991fm.com
Mon Sep 14 16:26:03 EDT 2009

Here's the situation. We have a four workstations in here, all built around Dell Precision 370 PC's using Digigram VX222v2 sound cards. The software is Adobe Audition 3.0. OS is Windows XP Pro

The production guys report that they cannot, nor have they ever been able to, record in full-duplex mode. In other words, they cannot playback a file from one app (i.e. Windows Media Player) and record it into Adobe. They are using ASIO drivers.

According to Digigram, these cards are full-duplex, and should be able to playback and record at the same time. For the record, I did this myself on my own DAW at home using the same model sound card but with Sony Vegas software. No problems.

We've pored over every driver setting and sound card setting we can find on these machines and cannot make this work. We even tried it with a copy of Sony Sound Forge. No soap.

Do any of you have the same or similar setup? Does any of this make sense to you? What am I missing??

HELP!!