[SBE] Fwd: FW: LP1 KWVE fined for EAS error

Richard Rudman rar01 at mac.com
Sun Sep 20 20:13:29 EDT 2009

Bob/Everyone:

Actually, PEP propagation has been proven, at least on a limited
basis. Happened when EAS first started and a FEMA PEP test for one PEP
station that was not supposed to propagate did. Warren may want to
supply details, but the point is that it did work as it was supposed to.

FEMA used to do closed circuit testing with all the the PEP stations
on a routine basis when I was associated with a PEP station. I would
think they still do.

The issue of a nationwide test from the FEMA national origination
point has been discussed at many levels but not been settled yet. Like
you, I think it should be done. SBE will have an opportunity to make
Comments on new Part 11 EAS rules within, I would guess, the next year
or so. I would suggest that the issue of national testing should be
part of our comments -- and say that such tests should originate from
FEMA's PEP warning center.

Richard